Saturday, December 8, 2012


Reflecting over this term; it’s all about the Journey

            I spent some time searching online to find a great quote that makes me think of where I am on this spectrum I would like to call my learning curve. I find that this one is the best as I truly feel it represents what I have gone through over the last few months. LeGuin (2012) says “It is good to have an end to journey toward but it is the journey that matters, in the end”.

            When I look back over these few months I definitely find that three particular parts of this program stick out and was things that taught me the most, firstly was the library assignment and the research that was required within this assignment. Secondly was the blogs we completed and commented on. I found that I definitely learned so much I did not know and most likely would not have known without the hard work and great research of my fellow colleagues. Finally was the presentations completed by all the groups.

            When I look at the library assignment as a Timmins student I needed to do this on my own, however the learning done and skills I got from this assignment have helped me not only in this class but also in other classes I have this term and needed to do research for. It will also help me with future assignments in which I need to do research and will have a better idea of what to put in my search bar to get richer and acceptable material for my papers or work.

            The blogs were a lot of work but I got a lot out of them, I learned a lot from the other blogs, got great feedback from my colleagues, and put some great blogs together myself. I felt that it got me thinking on a different level having to use different lenses to look at these different issues in society today. They definitely made me work harder than I have in many other assignments for some of my other courses or educational journeys.

            The presentations were great, I really liked how each individual group put their own spin on the issues they presented about their groups, I liked how some brought tools, and how others have different presentation formats. This was a very enriching experience!

            Overall I see how my views on things affecting myself and others are different and I recognize that there are so many issues out there that affect people in a variety of different ways. I also recognize that there are so many ways to look at any situation or circumstance.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment